Sciatica is a condition where a nerve causes pain due to compression or inflammation. This mostly affects the lower back area. And the reason can be a nerve pressed or inflamed. The sciatic nerve is the one that goes from the lower back to the buttocks area and down toward both legs. The pain can be caused due to a physical blow or an injury. But the most common cause of the pain is a slipped or herniated disk. It is the longest nerve in the body, and therefore pain in the nerve can be exhausting and felt in different areas of the body.
If someone has a problematic sciatic nerve, they can feel pain in the body anywhere around the path of the nerve. Which starts from the lower back and goes down to your legs. The pain can be mild or severe based on the condition and the severity of the injury or inflammation.
Sciatica Pain Types
There are four major types of sciatic pain. These are;
- Acute Sciatica
- Chronic Sciatica
- Alternation Sciatica
- Bilateral Sciatica
This condition is when the pain lasts 4-8 weeks. And this pain can be treated by self-management and does not usually require treatment. Giving it the name acute.
Chronic sciatica is a sciatic nerve pain that lasts more than 8 weeks. And usually requires treatment because it cannot be handled through self-management. There can be any cause behind the pain and depending on that and the severity of the pain. A surgical or nonsurgical treatment might be required to treat it.
Alternated sciatic pain is when the pain affects both legs alternatively. It is a rare type of disease. And the reason behind this type of pain happening can be a problematic sacroiliac joint.
Bilateral sciatic nerve pain is when pain occurs in both legs at the same time. This type is also rare and can be caused due to degenerative changes in the vertebrae or the disk. Serious conditions such as the “cauda equina syndrome” can also be a reason behind this pain.
Causes of Sciatica Pain
There can be different causes for sciatic nerve pain to develop inside a person. These can be;
- A herniated or slipped disk.
- Degenerative disk disease.
- Spinal stenosis.
- Trauma Injury.
- Piriformis Syndrome.
- Cauda Equina Syndrome.
Symptoms of Sciatica Pain
The symptoms of the disease depend on the condition and the severity of the disease. They can be mild or severe. And can last from days to months. Some of the symptoms to look for in order to make sure one has sciatica are;
- Pain in the lower back, buttocks, and/or legs.
- Pain that gets worse with movement.
- Loss of movement.
- Numbness in the lower back or legs.
- Weakness in the lower back or legs.
- Pins and Needles feeling in toes, legs, or feet.
- Loss of bowel movement.
- Loss of bladder control.
Diagnosis of Sciatica Pain
Sciatica disease and the pain caused by it can be diagnosed in steps. The first step in the diagnosis is a physical test. Where the doctor or the physician asks you to do several physical tasks such as walking, walking on your toes, straight leg raise, and other such tests. These are done in order to check how the spine carries your weight and the strength of your calves and other related things. After a physical exam is done, some other tests are done in order to confirm the disease and find the area of the disease. These are;
- Spinal X-rays
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- CT (Computed Tomography) Scans
- Nerve Conduction Velocity Studies
Stem Cell Therapy for Sciatica Nerve Pain
Stem cell therapy is the latest inclusion in the field of medical technology. This is done by inserting stem cells inside a problematic body area using a syringe. Upon entering the body, the stem cells start looking for dead or damaged cells and tissues and start repairing them. When used for sciatica nerve pain, the stem cells can reduce the inflammation and the damage done to the nerve and revive it. The stem cells have the ability to repair almost any type of cell inside a body which makes them able to treat the sciatic nerve.
The cells find the damaged areas of the nerve and repair or replace those cells with a new ones. Reducing the inflammation to almost zero and making the nerve as good as new.
Reasons Why Stem Cell Procedure is helpful for Sciatica Treatment
There are many reasons why people are going for stem cells as the treatment for their previously untreatable reasons. The 5 reasons why stem cell therapy for sciatica is helpful are;
- Stem cells have miraculous regenerative qualities. Which makes them able to repair almost any cell inside a body. And they can treat a sciatic nerve better than anything else.
- The stem cells can treat diseases that were previously untreatable. This quality of these procedures makes them very helpful in treating serious conditions like sciatica.
- Sciatic nerves are long and complicated. Which makes traditional surgeries a complicated option when it comes to treating them. With stem cell treatments, that complication is reduced to almost zero. Which makes these procedures safer and a better sciatic treatment option.
- Stem cell procedures are relatively cheaper than complicated surgical procedures. This gives them another edge over traditional treatments when it comes to treating diseases such as sciatic nerve pain. As they are within range of most people and don’t have to live with the pain due to not having enough financial means.
- Stem cell therapy has a low to almost no chance of rejection. Which makes them a choosable treatment option for serious and complicated diseases like sciatic nerve pain.
Shifa Rejuvenation Clinic for treating Sciatic Nerve Pain
Shifa Rejuvenation Clinic is one of the pioneers and best in the field of stem cell treatments. They provide stem cell treatments for various types of diseases which include sciatic nerve pain. Under the experience of the doctors who are the best in their field. Shifa Rejuvenation Clinic offers the best treatments for sciatica. Hundreds of patients with various diseases have been treated at Shifa Rejuvenation Clinic with more and more coming every day. And getting the treatment that was not available earlier leads them to live a healthy and happy life.
So, if you or anyone you know has sciatic nerve pain and is deprived of living a healthy and happy life. Contact Shifa Rejuvenation Clinic today and get a consultation with the best doctors in the field. Reach us by phone at (051)889-6711 or email us at [email protected] and take a step towards a better life.